Just like with any other gadgets, desktop and laptop computers do break from time to time. Not only that they fail, these gadgets need tuning and maintenance every so often. As a user, it is wise that you keep your machines maintained and up-to-date on a regular basis to keep it performing well. Technical issues do arise when necessary maintenance and updates are neglected. There are only 2 major issues that affect Desktop and laptop and these are hardware and software failures.
Below are common tips to make sure these machines are not giving you headaches and running optimally at all times:
- Always back-up your data.
- Clean it by dusting it regularly.
- Run antivirus scans periodically.
- Retain only those applications that you need, this way you can save up computing resources.
- Do a regular Operating System clean up.
- Always make sure your Operating System is up-to-date to the latest version and defragment whenever necessary.
If you do these tips, chances are you’ll rarely ever have issues with your Desktop and laptop and will enjoy every bit of its use.
On the event, that it does fail, you can follow these initial steps to remedy the issues:
- Restart your computer. – 6/10 of minor computer fails can be remedied by just rebooting the machines.
- Check your power cables, Ethernet cables and video cables. Sometimes a loose connection is the reason why computers are not booting up.
- Uninstall your most recent installed program. Some programs do cause incompatibility in your version of OS, so if you suspect that the problem occurred after you recently installed a program, try uninstalling it.
- Run your antivirus program.
- Update your system.
If these initial steps, did not fix the issues. The best course of action to take is to have it checked by a qualified technician as they can tell outright what might be the cause of the problem just by looking at the machines running states.